Spay and Neuter Services for Dogs and Cats
Wheaton Animal Hospital offers pet spaying and neutering services for dogs and cats. Our team strives to make the experience as pleasant as possible. Please check our current promotions for periodic discounts on spaying and neutering procedures.
Spaying or Neutering Your Pet
We recommend spaying or neutering puppies and kittens between 4-6 months of age. There are many benefits to spaying and neutering, such as:
- Population control
- Preventing cancers associated with reproductive systems
- Reduction in serious medical problems associated with reproductive systems
Spaying or neutering does not cause a change in your pet’s personality, guarding instincts, intelligence, playfulness, affection, or weight.
What to Expect
Your pet’s health, safety, and comfort are important to us, and our team is committed to providing the best possible surgical care for your pet. Spaying and neutering require anesthesia, and we perform many pre-operative safety checks to ensure your pet is healthy enough for surgery.
Please review the following information regarding your pet’s spay or neuter procedure:
- Drop–off for spay and neuter appointments is between 7 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Your pet will receive a pre-operative exam, including blood screening and ECG.
- Your pet is carefully monitored throughout the procedure and recovery.
- We will provide a status update upon completion of your pet’s surgery.
- Most neutered pets can go home the same day.
- Spayed pets require an overnight stay.
- We will carefully discuss any post-operative care instructions (including medications).
Please contact us to schedule your pet’s spay or neuter surgery or to discuss any health issues your pet maybe experiencing.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor’s Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
Save 10% on Heartworm Preventatives This April!
Best friends deserve the best care! Protect your pets with an annual heartworm test as well as a monthly preventative. Through April 30th, save 10% on Heartworm Preventatives. Cannot be combined with any other promotion or offer.
Sign Up for Training TODAY!
Training is back! We are excited to offer Puppy Class for dogs under 4 months where students learn socialization. Basic Manners Class will be offered for dogs 4 months and older focusing on manners and training basics (sit, down, etc.)
See below for the 6-week class schedule. Classes held at Elmhurst Animal Care Center. Please call 630.530.1900 to register or with any questions. Students must be up to date on their vaccines prior to class start date!