Spay and Neuter Services for Dogs and Cats
Wheaton Animal Hospital offers pet spaying and neutering services for dogs and cats. Our team strives to make the experience as pleasant as possible. Please check our current promotions for periodic discounts on spaying and neutering procedures.
Spaying or Neutering Your Pet
We recommend spaying or neutering puppies and kittens between 4-6 months of age. There are many benefits to spaying and neutering, such as:
- Population control
- Preventing cancers associated with reproductive systems
- Reduction in serious medical problems associated with reproductive systems
Spaying or neutering does not cause a change in your pet’s personality, guarding instincts, intelligence, playfulness, affection, or weight.
What to Expect
Your pet’s health, safety, and comfort are important to us, and our team is committed to providing the best possible surgical care for your pet. Spaying and neutering require anesthesia, and we perform many pre-operative safety checks to ensure your pet is healthy enough for surgery.
Please review the following information regarding your pet’s spay or neuter procedure:
- Drop–off for spay and neuter appointments is between 7 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Your pet will receive a pre-operative exam, including blood screening and ECG.
- Your pet is carefully monitored throughout the procedure and recovery.
- We will provide a status update upon completion of your pet’s surgery.
- Most neutered pets can go home the same day.
- Spayed pets require an overnight stay.
- We will carefully discuss any post-operative care instructions (including medications).
Please contact us to schedule your pet’s spay or neuter surgery or to discuss any health issues your pet maybe experiencing.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor’s Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
We Are a Toys for Tots Drop Off Location!
Now through December 15th we are collecting for Toys for Tots! Please feel free to bring in new, unwrapped toys (no stuffed animals or toy weapons, please.)
In addition, we are also collecting new/gently used pet toys that will go to our rescue partners and animals in need.
Collection bins are located in our lobby and can be dropped off during regular business hours. Thank you!
Holiday Hours & Closings!
Holiday Party & Adoption Event!
Join us for our annual Holiday Party & Adoption Event on Sunday, December 17th from 11AM - 2PM! Bring your pet along for $5 photos with Santa! There will be animals available for adoption from local rescues, raffles and more! All proceeds benefit our rescue partners.